Sram XX1 Tech Clinics @ Jenson Riverside (Nov. 28th) and Corona (Nov. 29th) locations

Discussion in 'Jenson USA' started by Seth Kendall, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Seth Kendall

Seth Kendall New Member

High School Science Teacher
    Hey folks! Just letting you know about an XX1 tech clinic by Sram that's coming up. I'm really excited about this move in drivetrains.

There will be 2 clinic nights; one Wednesday, Nov. 28th @ 7pm at the Riverside, Will-Call location, and the other Thursday, Nov. 29th @ 7pm at the Corona retail store. Sonja from Sram will be here showing us the latest and greatest in drivetrain tech, answering questions, and giving away a bit of swag. Light snacks will be provided.
    Cheers, S.

Here are the Facebook links to the events:
    Riverside, CA, Wednesday, November 28th @ 7pm
    Corona, CA, Thursday, November 29th @ 7pm
    It is not require to RSVP, but it helps us to plan properly. Please RSVP on the Facebook event pages if you have Facebook. If you don't, RSVP in the comments section here.
    [​IMG]

2. Napoleon D.

Napoleon D. New Member

Eta

What's the ETA for the full line-up of the XX1?

3. crispy

crispy Wannabe

Engineer
    Home Page:
    Might be in the minority, but don't understand why Sram keeps wanting to give us less gear options. I'm sad to see a lot of the top end 2013 XC bikes are coming equipped with 1x11 instead of 2x10.

4. Seth Kendall

Seth Kendall New Member

Napoleon, it looks like we are expecting them to start hitting our shelves on the early side of December.

5. Seth Kendall

Seth Kendall New Member

It's not so much that they are giving less gears. If you do the math on a gear calculator you will find that the numbers aren't that different from 2 and 3 speed drivetrains. It really comes down to reducing redundancies in gearing and simplifying the whole system. That does not mean it is for everyone, but I have done both 1x9 and 1x10 and am very much looking forward to 1x11. There are just a few spots here and there which I wished to have a smidge more high and low end. But, those sections were the minority in almost all my rides. With the 10t and 42t cogs in this setup I could run a bigger front than on my 1x10 and still climb, but also gain the top end speed. I love my 2x10 for it's good performance, but I can't wait to get rid of my front derailleur again. I may not be explaining the joy of a 1x system accurately, but I loved the way it felt and it helped me be a better rider.

6. ManInAShed

ManInAShed New Member

Destroyer of worlds.
    I've been working on a couple FS frames for the last few years that are twice as nice with 1x11. Locking down the chain position positively revolutionizes suspension design, and not having an FD and extra rings in the way of everything means I can make this whole lower linkage area stronger, lighter, stiffer, AND less complicated & costly to build. Extending single ring drive down to XC riding means I can use the same great design without mucking the whole thing up just for addl gearing.

I just REALLY wish they'd throw in a decent 150mm thru hub option with that cassette body. Putting that hub (& market) off for a year is agonizing. It almost blows my mind. One nearly identical rear hub is the only thing keeping that gruppo off thousands of new bikes this year. So now we wait...

7. me and my bike

me and my bike New Member

man of many trades
    the first thing that comes to mind when i think 1x11 is the kona honzo. I think this would be a great thing for those all mountain bike setups and downhill hard tails. anyone know if a more affordable versions will come out like slx compared to xtr?

8. strobe

strobe resident noob

Is Shimano coming out with a 1x11? I've only heard of Sram up to this point with this XX1.

9. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

i would expect trickle down next year or two. XX was first 10 sp mtn group now that's all there is.

10. 1x1clyde

1x1clyde Inspired by SSer's

Sales and marketing
    I am torn between putting my XX1 kit on my LTC or my Raijin....oh decisions decisions lol!

Should have a "ride" review after this weekend, SART should be a good test for a the latest and greatest drivetrain!:bang:

11. Pho'dUp

Pho'dUp Spam Musubi MasherSS

P-line rider
    Would someone please just cut to the chase and come out with a 1x50 or perhaps even a CVT for bikes? Cuz you know I want to pedal infinite amount gearing options to get over every single rock, bump and noodle on a hill.

I laughed at 8speed grouches back in the day. And now I'm one of them.

12. jasonmason

jasonmason inebriate savant

Geologist when I have to work, which is too often.
    Single speed = problem solved

I know what you mean; I'm still running 2x9, and have never wanted or needed more gears. I'll probably just have to upgrade at some point because of parts availability, not because i want or need to.

13. zamboni95

zamboni95 Masher

Living on funemployment
    +1
    Exact same set up i've been running. Probably because i'm too cheap to buy into all these other gearing choices.