Parts

Discussion in 'The Market Place' started by mikecsulb, Sep 26, 2005.

1. mikecsulb

mikecsulb New Member

student
    Home Page:
    I have a trek 4500 superlight aluminum frame and was thinking of some upgrades. I messed my linear tektro brakes up on trabucco and was thinking about avid mechanical brakes, some better tires( I have jones acx b) 4 rides and there wearing in the back, a suspension seat post since i have a hardtail mabye a new/used crankset. If anybody has any tires, parts I will buy them and would like some reccomendations for my hardtail. Thanks mike

2. i am dino

i am dino Guest

Mike, if I were you, I'd just ride tha bike to death and then save up for a nice full suspension rig. The money you spend on upgrades for that bike is going to cost more than what you paid for it. It is apparent you are enjoying the sport, like you, I started on a low-end hardtail, then was hooked and instead of dumping money into the low-end bike, i bought a mid-grade full suspension (02 Jamis Dakar) and rode tthat thing for awhile, then sold it, bought my Enduro, sold that frame and now have my Heckler.

Bottom line is, save your "upgrade" money and put it towards a new rig a few months from now. Unless your wheels have disc ready hubs, you are going to have to buy new wheels. I'm imagining that you will want to upgrade your fork soon too. SAVE SAVE SAVE!!!

3. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Werd on what ^^ said. On that bike, replace it if it's broken. Learning to ride well on that bike will only make your skills better too. Sometimes having nice parts makes people get lazy technique -wise.

4. TURNERob

TURNERob Get your own avatar idea

bum
    Mike I have a Cane Creek suspension seat post, and some tires also I'd sell you. Other than that like Dino said I wouldn't dump much more money into that bike. Tires can help out tremendously with handling and traction, and a suspension post will make things more comfortable also. Just PM me if you're interested and want to come look at them.

Rob

5. i am dino

i am dino Guest

Definately call Rob up Mike, he has like 18 pairs of tires, word on that!