For Sale Orbea Orca Carbon Road Frame 54cm

Discussion in 'The Market Place' started by Bergsteiger, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bergsteiger

Bergsteiger Mr. Krisztian

Master Business Jet Service Center Coordinator
    2006 Orbea Orca 54CM Carbon Fiber Road Bike Frame with fork.

This bike belonged to a friend of mine. The frame set is in perfect shape but too small for me. This bike was bought new mid 2006 for $4000.00. It was a third bike and did not get ridden much, so it is practically new. The frame weighs 3lbs 8oz.

This prized frame has been utilized by the pros for years including many Tour De France stage wins and 2008 Olympic gold medal.

What a bike! From the heart of the Pyrenees the Orbea Orca is Spanish designed and built carbon monocoque frame with all carbon fork that is used by racing teams in practically every major domestic and European race – including the Tour de France. It is extremely light and extremely stiff with blistering accelerations, yet it still maintains a lively and reasonably compliant ride. Orbea backs up their frames with a lifetime warrantee.

What makes it so good? It's obvious that Orbea (a 70+ year old bike company) knows a little something about tube shapes, carbon fiber selection and lay-up and craftsmanship. Take a close look at the incredibly complex shapes of the tubes and the sheer size of the head tube, bottom bracket and seat tube cluster. Then consider the monocoque structure and you can easily understand and appreciate why this bike is so stiff laterally. Typically, with these shapes in a super light monocoque carbon frame, you get a really rough ride at the saddle. The only reasonable explanation why that is not so with the Orca is that Orbea spent much time and patience getting just the right lay-up with just the right grade of carbon to keep the ride perfectly acceptable even for sensitive riders like me.
    If you prefer a road geometry bike for triathlons or want one bike for group rides and triathlons, after clipping on some aero bars and moving the saddle forward, this bike is as competent as any. If you’re looking for an awesome road bike for fast training and racing purposes, the overall experience aboard the Orbea Orca is as good as or better than any bike I’ve had the pleasure of riding.

Although this frameset is in great condition, it is being sold in “as is condition”. There will be no returns

Frame: 2006 Orbea Orca (Carbon Fiber) 54cm. (Medium) Blue and Carbon
    Fork: Orbea Carbon Fiber

Price $1350 OBO
    Price DROP $1150
    Located in Aliso Viejo.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2009
  2. Bergsteiger

Bump
    Price Drop to $1150.

3. Parky

Parky New Member

Frameset still available?

Greetings,

I am looking for an Orbea frameset. Is this still available?

Thanks.

Bruce

[email protected]

4. Bergsteiger

Orbea frame is sold. Thanks for your interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.