Not new just decided to finally register

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Amuzement Man, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Amuzement Man

Amuzement Man New Member

Play
    I just want to start by saying this is a great site with what seem to be a great group of members. Really laid back and not all the BS like on other places to be left unnamed. Keep up the great work. Not much to say about me. I am getting old, (40 this year) and have gotten back into biking to combat the effects. I rode a lot in school way back when up at Chico State. Back then it was mostly fully rigid as most of us could not afford those fancy shock things. I got back into riding 2 years ago with a GF Marlin which has now become my commuter bike. (slicks, pack, ect.) I built up a Jamis Dakar Sport that I picked up at the Jenson parking lot sale dirt cheap last year and am still deciding if I like the full suspension ride. I also built up a Redline Monocog(my avitar) which I have left rigid as that seems to suit me better except on some of the real rough stuff. I do a mixture of riding much of which is Southridge, Clairmont, Marshal, and Bonelli and none of it very well. I need to hit up some of these beginner rides when my schedule allows so I can meet up with some people of my own ability. My main riding partner is way faster than I, it seems like he is always racing and I am always trying to keep up. I look forward to meeting some of you and as I said before lets keep this information source flowing and relaxed. You guys rock!

2. ECOdork

ECOdork (R.I.P.) Pope of Chili Town

State Biologist
    Ah shucks...
    Welcome :wave: Amz Man! Sounds like there are quite a few new peeps in your area, so surely you'll find some regulars. Come on down for the weekends though!:beer:

3. dukethenuke

dukethenuke Faster than you

Sales
    Home Page:
    Welcome to the site. Its nice to see that we are getting some new members that don't live in Orange County.

4. Epic_Mtn_Biker

Epic_Mtn_Biker New Member

Welcome to STR, Amuzement Man!!

I'm in Ontario and ride the places that you mentioned often. there are a few riders at your level in the area, so you'll have no problems finding someone to ride with. a Bonelli ride for beginners is in the works, i'll be spearheading this one in the very near future.

See you out on the trail!!

5. dstepper

dstepper (R.I.P.) Over the hill

www.themostprogram.com owner
    Home Page:
    Welcome aboard!

I am 55 and ride nearly every day, but I like to take it easy. There are many very good strong riders on this forum and most of the organized rides are more than I care to do. I don't like the pressure of feeling that I will hold up other riders.

I have though about posting some "Slow Pokes" rides.

Question: would anyone be interested in such rides?

6. Von-Diggity

Von-Diggity Moderator

unoccupied
    Home Page:
    Slow?

If I remember correctly, you were getting along pretty good with your singlespeed in Laguna that day we ran into you. If you are slow, then I am uber-slow on the uphills! I don't mind leisurely rides, I'm not in a hurry when I am doing a long XC ride. Slow poke rides sound fine with me.

7. dstepper

dstepper (R.I.P.) Over the hill

www.themostprogram.com owner
    Home Page:
    Difference between slow and wanting to take it easy.

8. ECOdork

ECOdork (R.I.P.) Pope of Chili Town

State Biologist
    Don't let your eyes be mislead by my sleek good looks and seemingly-fast yellow bike...I is pretty slow :?:

9. ShinKen

ShinKen STR BUB!!

I'm interested!! and after I get my new 29er I will be even more open for this slow rides!!:bang:

10. Ponch

Ponch Shake and Bake!

Criminal Investigator
    That sounds good to me for a while. I need to learn how to ride "good" first before I start trying to pick up the pace. I'm down for that sort of ride. I am usually able to ride weekend mornings, the man got me working 9-5, 5 days a week.

11. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Welcome A-Man....I'm in the area and would love to join in on the more laid back rides so good to see you here. Even the advanced riders that post rides for us are great with us slower paced peeps and ALOT of fun to ride with!!
    Hope to ride with ya soon !!

Quote: "anybody who makes fun of us will get some serious dirty looks! "
    You tell 'em, Glenn !! They won't dare....

12. gurp13

gurp13 SolarFederationMember

High School Teacher
    Hey, A-man, I'm 35 and slow, too. I'll ride with you anytime. I love riding Marshall and Southridge and those places you mentioned. Plus, I live in Fontana as well. You, me, LandShark, mtbracer36 all gotta hook up and ride. With that many of us, anybody who makes fun of us will get some serious dirty looks! Look forward to riding with you.