GT XCR 2000

Discussion in 'The Market Place' started by ChrisG, Jul 7, 2005.

1. ChrisG

ChrisG New Member

I have one for sale.  I just picked up a new rig and my garage is getting too packed with bikes.  Very well maintained, brand new cassette and chain.  XT components throughout with exception of front deraiuler (LX).  Fox Float shock, Rock Shocks Sid fork

2. Epic_Mtn_Biker

Epic_Mtn_Biker New Member

how much are you asking?

3. ChrisG

ChrisG New Member

$500 obo. It was $2,100 new

4. jinks

jinks New Member

Home Page:
    what's the height of the bike? What brand hub/rims? Is it a 9 speed cassette? And finally what year is it? Hope you don't mind all the questions, but I'm a little interested, and need more info.

5. ChrisG

ChrisG New Member

No worries. It's a Med. frame. It has an XT rear hub w/Mavic rims. A few of the spokes have been replaced on the rear tire. It is a 9 speed cassette, as I mentioned before it is new (around 5-6 rides on it) Some of the cables were replaced at the same time so it probably needs a minor tune up to account for cable stretch. The bike has been well maintained, frame has a few minor scratches due to regular riding. I bought it in 2000 pre GT bankruptcy, back when they still made decent bikes. If you'd like to take a look at it let me know. I'm in Laguna Niguel. PM me for phone #.

Thanks,

Chris

6. jinks

jinks New Member

Home Page:
    Thanks. One more question. I'm actually looking for a bike for my wife. She's expressed some mild interest in mountain biking..finally. What's the standover height. She's pretty small, 5'4", so I don't know if it'd work or not.

7. ChrisG

ChrisG New Member

I'd say it would probably be a bit big. I'll check on the standover height but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work for her. Unless she has REALLY long legs and no torso :lol: