FS: Vintage GT LTS-1 frame and parts

Discussion in 'The Market Place' started by Rossage, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Rossage

Rossage Active Member

I am selling my '95-'96 GT LTS-1 frame. This is a classic early full suspension design that is still quite popular.
    The sale includes the frame, two rear end assemblys, and two shocks. The shocks are a Fox Alps air and a Rock shox Supreme Deluxe coil. But wait there is more...
    The sale also includes the original GT seat post collar, a period-specific XTR front derailleur, and the original King headset.
    This frame has been ridden hard and raced for ten years so it comes with an assortment of nicks and scratches, and some chainsuck scars.
    Seat tube is 18" ctr to ctr
    top tube is 22.5" ctr to ctr
    head tube is 4.75"
    $400

Also for sale:
    used Race Face 1st edition ('95?) "Forged" cranks, 175mm, square taper $40
    used XT cranks, '93 or so, 175mm, square taper $20
    used Manitou 4, '96, 1" threaded, 6" steerer-needs new elastomers but in excellent shape $50
    I can deliver to the Fully Loop or the parking lot at JPL.
    I prefer cash but I can do Paypal with the requisite 3% charge.

Attached Files:

2. Neccros

Neccros Technically Canadian

Engineer
    Wow.... an LTS-1 was my first real mountain bike!! A friend of mine still has it

3. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

FYI, that is a '95 front and a '96 LTS rear with an extra '95 rear. The '97 had a different linkage setup. The original '95 couldn't fit V-brakes, and so many people upgraded to the '96 rear to fit the V-brakes.

4. Rossage

Rossage Active Member

Thanks for the heads up. I couldn't remember when I first got it-see avatar:bang:

5. slowrabbit

slowrabbit New Member

I think I have a 97' LTS frame because the top of the rear linkage mounts to the back of the seat posts down tube. Do you think your rear linkage will fit my frame? The original rear hard rubber style shock is trashed and I have not been able to locate a replacement.

6. Rossage

Rossage Active Member

I think a picture would help with this question...Seems to me that Two Wheel Lee knows his GTs-maybe he can help you on this one

7. slowrabbit

slowrabbit New Member

I'll try and post with a pic today sometime. If your rear linkage will fit are you willing to sell just the extra rear linkage? This bike belongs to a friend and wanted me to try and fix it for him, so if it fits he should be willing to buy it.

8. Rossage

Rossage Active Member

I woud like to sell it all together but I'll have to wait and see if it sells at all! I figured I'd try STR before I put it on ebay. The LTS is very popular in the UK and I really dont want to ship it overseas-too expensive.

9. slowrabbit

slowrabbit New Member

Well I will have to check to see if will fit anyway, maybe I'll ask two wheel lee for more info, but if you sell it mean time thats cool.:wave:

10. supralight

supralight New Member

money tree in backyard
    bump. somebody better snap up this bike! i saw it today and its sweet!

11. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

I don't understand how the pivot could be on the back side of the down tube. It could either be on top of it or below it, not behind it. :?: Anyhow, above or below the top tube varied with frame size (the 16 had it below and the 18 had it above, if I recall correctly). However, I do vaguely remember an entry-level LTS that had an elastomer shock with the mount behind the seat tube...read on...

The common '97 LTS (meaing the higher-end ones with "real" shocks) had a completely different upper link. It used a special trunion mounted shock, and had little plastic "travel" chips you could change the amount of travel the suspension offered.

Honestly, if you had a version of an LTS that had the elastomer "shock" I wouldn't invest very much into updating/upgrading it. It would help if you could post a picture of it (to be fair to Rossage, you should start a new thread), so I could see what you have. I know that there is another GT expert who lurks on this board as well who also may have some insight.

12. DownHillPhil

DownHillPhil Team Rider

Photography
    Lee...you are a freak of nature... #-o :clap:

Comin' to Kenter on Saturday? :wave:

13. slowrabbit

slowrabbit New Member

I'll snap some photos and start a new tread. I just read the post and thought It may work. I will update and post. I'm in no hurry. :wave: