Dr. Thompson road rage incident/sentencing(merged)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tkblazer, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Rossage

Rossage Active Member

C'mon man. I used to be a messenger. In 8 years I broke the law every single day just to make a buck. That includes the commute to work and back!
    Just the onther day, on the commute to work, I Cali-stopped 6 stop signs ,became a "pedestrian" once or twice to get through a red light and habitually rolled through a T-stop. All because I could.
    I used to have a neighbor who was retired CHP. I asked how do you stop just one driver violating the law he said it's that simple-just stop one-they are all breaking the law. :beer:

2. Pickettt

Pickettt New Member

Oh, now I get it. People need to follow the law. Gee, why didn't someone else think of that?

3. dirtmistress

dirtmistress AKA Roadiemistress

retired
    Today in Malibu, my friends and I stopped at a red light on PCH. It was a T intersection and PCH was busy.
    A woman in her SUV rolled down her window and thanked us for stopping saying she'd never seen that before. We said no problem(good thing she didn't follow us all day) and we know there are problems. I then told her not to forget all the drivers that roll stop signs and speed along above the speed limit.
    People get ridiculously upset that cyclists sometimes ignore the law while they, as drivers, blast along at 5 to 15 miles an hour over the speed limit or blab on the cell phone or roll right turn reds or stop signs!
    This is unreal that some people get so bent out of shape about this!
    They really need to look in the mirror and ask themselves if they do everything to obey the law every day without fail.
    For those that don't know, I'm a professional driver in Malibu and I see bad cyclists and good cyclists but I see way more bad drivers!
    Bottom line here is this, I will continue to run stop signs if no cars are around and I will continue the infamous California roll if no cops are around.
    :wave:

4. genusmtbkr5

genusmtbkr5 STR Moderator

Lead Aircraft Mechanic for Major Airline at LAX
  5. BAD_S197

BAD_S197 New Member

EMT
    the way I see it, he got off lucky.

To me that was premeditated murder/vehicular manslaughter with road rage as a trigger. That guy obviously hates bikers, has had problems in the past. He deliberately sped up, passed them and slammed on the brakes.

I'm surprised he only got what he got.