For Sale Custom Single Speed Chainrings, Cogs, And Tensioners

Discussion in 'The Market Place' started by ISuckAtRiding, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ISuckAtRiding

ISuckAtRiding Homebrewed Components

machine shop owner
    So i figured i'd just consolidate all my stuff into one thread to make it easier for everyone.
    I'm producing and selling titanium, aluminum, and stainless chainrings and cogs, along with lightweight tensioners for horizontal dropouts.

Chainrings
    These single speed or downhill specific chainrings are made out of 7075-T6 Aluminum, 316 stainless, or 6al-4v titanium and completely CNC machined for accuracy. I can make any size that is physically possible, for any type of crank. They feature a lightweight and easy to clean design, taller teeth for less chance of dropping your chain, and they are reversible, so once you wear out one side, just flip it over to double your life. They can come polished, or anodized in many different colors. These are made to order, so there's a very short lead time, usually less than a week. I can also do custom engraving or patterns for an extra charge. Prices start at $35 each, pm me for a more specific price for your application.
    This is my prototype ring for a Shimano XTR m960 crankset (102BCD).
    [​IMG]

Cogs
    These cogs are going to be offered in 6al4v titanium, 316 stainless steel, and 7075-t6 aluminum.
    They are going to be 5 or 6mm at the base tapered down to 3/32" at the teeth. These are machined out of a solid piece of material, and not remnants riveted together like Boone's. They are designed with easy cleaning in mind, so you don't have to waste your time with a q-tip trying to get that Cali dust and chain lube out of all the crevices. The titanium version will weigh in at about 20 grams for a 17t. My prototype weighs 25g, but i am changing it a hair. The lightening pockets will be slightly smaller, with identical pockets on the back side staggered to the front ones. This should make it lighter and stronger.
    Also, the teeth are central to the base, so you can flip it around to double the life without screwing up your chain line. Material for the ti version is extremely expensive, so at this time i will be making them to order, with about a week lead time. I can make pretty much any size you want, but anything over 22t will be slightly more expensive for ti. I am also considering offering anodizing for the ti and aluminum versions.
    The stainless version is made out of grade 316, which is more wear and corrosion resistant than 304 which most people use (because it's cheap).
    The aluminum cogs are obviously going to wear a bit fast, so i recommend them for racing only.
    I've worked in the aerospace industry as a Machinist and an Engineer all my life until recently when i opened my own shop, so this is all i know besides single speeding. Quality will be top notch.
    Compare my prices to Singlestar's $200 for a ti cog, and theirs are considerably easier to make.

Prices:
    aluminum: $30
    Stainless: $50
    titanium: $100

This is a prototype that i made for a friend as a going away present. I did a burnished finish on it which i didn't like, so they will most likely just have a machined finish. Better pictures to come of current cogs.
    [​IMG]

Chain Tensioners / Chain Tugs / Nut Tuggers for Singlespeed mountain bikes and BMX bikes with Horizontal dropouts (track ends).

These are all cnc machined from billet 6061 aluminum and hand polished to a mirror finish on exposed surfaces, or anodized in many different colors.

They are designed for use with quick release skewers or bolt on axles. They have bosses built in to catch a quick release axle so you don't have to use spacers or washers.

This design also keeps the tensioners in line with the dropout, so they will not twist when tightened.

The single screw is offset in the direction of rotation so it actually tends to be stiffer than a larger screw central to the slot.

I am supplying 2 different length screws so you can run your wheel forward or rear in your dropouts.

Last but not least, they are equipped with a bottle opener built in. on the drive side, the bottle can be opened with the bike right-side-up. On the non drive side, the bottle can be opened when the bike is upside down. This is done to accommodate easy-access alcoholism from any angle.

These weigh under 9 grams each without the screws.

All hardware is stainless steel.

$20 for 2 tensioners, and i can sell them individually for $11 each if you prefer. Message me for details.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    PM me for orders or specific questions.
    Thanks for looking!

2. PAIN

PAIN New Member

Hmm. What colors can you do for the anodizing? Is the anodizing extra?

3. oneredbike

oneredbike New Member

is that the only design you got for the ti cog? i am considering a 20 or 21.:wave:

4. pinoiryder

pinoiryder New Member

Logistics Manager
    looking for 48t SS chain ring for five arm crank arm.. don't know what size is it but will find out.. how much would that cost me?

5. ISuckAtRiding

machine shop owner
    hi guys, i'm getting ready to head out the door for the SDMBA biking/camping trip. If any of you guys are going, feel free to check out my stuff. I'll be on a pink single speed.

The colors i can do for anodizing are:
    black
    clear
    fourescent pink
    gold
    red
    blue
    orange
    yellow
    violet

Anodizing is not going to be an extra charge, but polishing will be $5 extra. My anodizing equipment should be in sometime next week, so expect to wait about a week for anodized items.

When i come back sunday, i will work on giving pricing on your specific items.

Thanks!
    Dan

I can deffinately work with you if you if you'd like something a bit different. I do have another design,which i'll post up when i get back. This is a very poor picture though, it looks much better in person. I'm going to be making some early this coming week, so keep checking for new stuff!:)
    Thanks,
    Dan

6. coffeespecial

coffeespecial Member

i would like a set of orange tensioners.. let me know when you could get those out..thanks. enjoy your trip

7. HAB

HAB New Member

PM sent.

8. ISuckAtRiding

machine shop owner
    thanks for all the interest guys, hopefully all questions have been answered.
    If anyone is doing the SDMBA night ride at Cuyamaca, i will be leading the advanced group so you can see my stuff there. Also, i'm going to try to make the str group ride in a couple weeks.

9. DISCO

DISCO Banned

Non-Profit Treasurer, Asset Valutation, Managment,
    Home Page:
    E-Type ISCG?

Gonna wait for your return, just curious how hard it would be to cut up some plate to make an I.S.C.G tab that could mount like an E-Type:?:. Prolly need a little grub screw or seat tube u bolt to counter rotation but pretty much looking at the feasibility of mounting a Hammer schmidt on any frame. Would need to be slightly concave to work right but could be pretty easy to make from aluminum since it wont need to withstand the impact of a bash. give it a week till someone want's a BB30 model:lol:.

let us know if it's doable.:wave:

10. MohammedInABearSuit

MohammedInABearSuit Sticks and Stones...

Since White Industries only made their 23T version for about a month, they are impossible to find.
    Any interest in make=king a 23T version in either SS or Ti?

11. HAB

HAB New Member

The problem with that is that the HS relies on the ISCG tabs to keep itself from spinning freely counter to your pedaling efforts. There are plenty of ISCG to BB mount adapters out there, the problem is coming up with one that attaches securely enough to work with a HS. Just clamping between the BB and frame isn't enough.

12. ISuckAtRiding

machine shop owner
    Tensioners are all made, all i have to do is anodize them, and my equipment should be here this week. So i'd say later this week, early next week.:)

I can deffinately do that. I'm waiting on a sample WI ring (which will take a few weeks to get because my sourse went on vacation), but if you have one, i can do it much sooner. Id need to borrow it for a few hours to take measurements of the spline.

13. ISuckAtRiding

machine shop owner
    I'll see if it's something i can come up with, but it may take a little time :)

14. duke777

duke777 Active Member

IT
    Hi there

That 960 ring looks really nice. How much shipped to so cal?

15. ISuckAtRiding

machine shop owner
    Thanks!
    Do you want polished or anodized? Anodized for all 4 and 5 bolt aluminum rings up to 40t is 35 plus shipping and 8.75% tax, and polished is $40. Shipping is $2.50 for standard mail.
    Local pickup is also welcomed, and cash yields a 8.75% discount ;)

So if you want anodized and want it shipped, the total is $42.50
    And if you want polished and want it shipped, the total is $48.21

16. duke777

duke777 Active Member

IT
    What's in the picture? Kinda thinking anno black.

17. ISuckAtRiding

machine shop owner
    The picture is a polished one. Black is not a problem :)

18. ISuckAtRiding

machine shop owner
  19. HAB

HAB New Member

Any word on the .ipt I sent you the other day? :wave:

20. 1x1clyde

1x1clyde Inspired by SSer's

Sales and marketing
    Did you get my PM?
    I need, err want, some ano rings and cogs:lol:

Thread Status: