Azonic Saber frame w/DHX 5, Pike 426 coil w/firm & medium spring, Ultimate Rakk stand

Discussion in 'The Market Place' started by tgreathead, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgreathead

tgreathead New Member

Azonic Saber frame w/DHX 5, Avid brake housing

UPDATE 8/26: Pike sold, Saber price drop to $400! Last chance before it hits eBay!
    UPDATE 8/17: Saber price drop to $425 or best offer!
    UPDATE 8/05: Ultimate Rakks are sold, Saber price drop to $450 or best offer!

I've got a few things to sell, decided to so a little garage cleaning and get rid of this stuff.
    Feel free to ask any questions, I live in West LA near UCLA for pickup. I'm open to shipping anything but prices to not include shipping charges.

GO HERE for more and bigger pics of everything:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tgreathead/sets/72157606265019393/with/2683255359/

2004 large Azonic Saber frame w/DHX 5 coil $400 obo
    [​IMG]
    The DHX is awesome, the ProPedal works great on climbs and when its turned off the rear is super plush and stays stuck to the ground for going down. The geometry is almost identical to the Turner 6-Pack and is great for an all mountain or longer travel XC bike. I've had it for about 2 and a half years, the guy I bought it from got it new and sold it right after building it up cause it was too small for him. I got the DHX shortly after the frame. There's quite a few surface scratches but only a very few number of decent scratches which are visible in the bigger pics in the link above. No dents, no dings, still in great shape and has a lot of life left in it. This on '04 frame so it DOES NOT have the problems with broken chainstays that the 03's had and since its a large it DOES NOT have the problem of the linkage hitting the seat tube. This has been my favorite frame I've ever owned but I got a killer deal on a new frame so I'm forced to sell this one.
    Comes with:
    --3 (yes 3) extra derailleur hangers even though only 2 extras are pictured
    --Thomson seatpost (367 mm, has plenty of length, especially since the seatpost tube is uninterrupted so it can go all the way up or down)
    --derailleur cable housings pre-cut if you want to save some time
    --Lizard Skins chainstay protector. Its pretty dirty so I left it out of the picture ;)
    --QR seat clamp
    --DHX has a 700# spring which worked great for me (about 205 pounds with full gear). If you plan on changing the spring there's a little extra step you need to take to remove it since its actually slightly longer than the shock body. I can explain in more detail to whoever buys it but its basically zip-tying it a bunch of times while its compressed so you can get the slotted spring retainer off.

Here's the frame geo, its for a 130mm for so it will change a little if you run something different:
    [​IMG]

brand new Avid 'Full Metal Jacket' cable housing for mechanical disc brakes: $20
    Retails for $40, set is for front and rear. Allows a direct line to pull, no bends in the line means more power.
    [​IMG]

Anything below this is sold.

2006 Rock Shox Pike 426 coil w/U-Turn: SOLD
    [​IMG]
    Firm blue spring installed, medium yellow(stock) spring included, silver lowers. 95-140mm makes this thing ride up or down with ease. All adjustments work perfectly, its ready to ride. Steerer is cut to just shy of 8 1/2".
    Lowers are in great shape with only a few very minor scuffs that are barely noticeable, stanctions are flawless. There is one tiny chip of paint missing behind the top of the left lower. There's a pic of it on the Flickr page, its super tiny and does not effect performance in any way.

Ultimate "Rakk" bike storage stand (I have 3 available and they retail for $40 each): SOLD
    Holds one bike each, any size tire will fit so DH bikes are okay. Collapsible and easy to pack which makes them awesome at races, you always have a place to put your bike. They can be hooked together so you can make a whole rack out of them. I used them in my garage until I installed a built-in rack system.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dirty bike not included.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2008
  2. Kim Jung IL

Kim Jung IL "Oh Rearry"

Construction
  3. tgreathead

tgreathead New Member

PM didn't go anywhere, everything is still for sale :)

4. Abstrakt77

Abstrakt77 New Member

I have no job
    Good luck with the sales T. Coming to SS this Sunday?

5. tgreathead

tgreathead New Member

PM sent.

6. Nagaredama

Nagaredama New Member

Bump for a super clean bike, barely used fork, and great seller.

7. Nagaredama

Nagaredama New Member

Is this still for sale?

8. tgreathead

tgreathead New Member

Pike is pending.

9. tgreathead

tgreathead New Member

Pike sold, price drop on Saber to $400
    EDIT: I've also got a softgoods thread started here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.