rock shox dart 3 2008 review.. what do you think

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by elsinorerider171, Oct 22, 2009.

1. elsinorerider171

elsinorerider171 New Member

student
    i need some advice.. i have a 2007 HT trek 4200, my fork has about 80mm of travel(stock one), i usually ride the Fullerton loop and big bear once in a while, its super bumpy im looking for some thing not as stiff as the one i have now... i just got an offer of an 2008 RS dart 3 100mm travel for $75 is it worth my time? thanks

2. Johnnyfattire

Johnnyfattire Member

Electrician
    I have a Dart 3 and I like it, it has fast or slow rebound speeds and the preload is pretty good. I don't care for the poplock, with my head light and cpu on the bars, it made it look like Peewee's bike. I ride the same places and it seems to of held up pretty good, granted I don't "bomb it" going downhill, I cruise.
    I was told you get what you pay for, but these come on almost all the treks and giants.

3. simonmtb

simonmtb Digging for fun.

riding my bike and cooking dinner for the wife
  4. sethwestphal

sethwestphal New Member

photographer
    for light riding it would be fine i had one on a hardtail and took it down san juan with out a problem and im a clyde...

5. onewkdevo

onewkdevo New Member

mayb its mine that u were looking its sold already, but i rode it mayb 3 times its good for small rides i guess but i needed something with more travel and adjustable. but the dart 3 felt good all around

6. Fewinhibitions

Fewinhibitions Always be a moving target

Creative Arts, Community Service, Politics
    My Overdrive came with a DART3 and it was OK...until it started leaking within days of my first ride a week later.

The good folks at my LBS checked it over and did some tweaking, but to no avail.

They got it replaced by warranty. The second one leaked as well. Got a 3rd and I eBayed it immediately and got a REBA.

If you're light in the saddle, and I mean that in a good way, it should be fine for basic trail duties.

7. elsinorerider171

elsinorerider171 New Member

student
    yeah it was yours from costa mesa.. yeah i was just checkin up on it b4 i was gonna commit to ne things.. bc after looking at some of the reviews online i wasnt sure.. so again STR did me good.. with all the great feed back

thanks for the link.. some reason when i was reviewing it myself i was at another website that gave it crappy reviews, but on this website it looks decent

8. ryandood

ryandood i ride bikes

Student
    Save up some more monies and get yourself a used REBA. The Dart came on my bike stock and it felt like poo (may as well have been a rigid, rebound was a nice knob that did nothing) from start to finish. I ended up finding a used F100 RL for cheap and life's been good since then:)